Saturday 11 November 1922, Veteran's DayUS date format: 11/11/1922, UK date format: 11/11/1922
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 11, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kurt Vonnegut and George Blake.
Crainquebille, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 November 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1922!
Which were the important events of 11 November 1922 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1922 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Chicago - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Say it While Dancing - Benson Orchestra of Chicago