Tuesday 27 October 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
Nathan der Weise, directed by Manfred Noa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WOW Croatia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bad Rats: The Rats' Revenge or Lego Rock Band.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 27 October 2009 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 27 October
- A report by the Australian government warns that global warming climate change threatens the coastal lifestyle of the country, with a prospect of a ban on coastal homes. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Grassroots occupations of Austrian universities spread to several more in Vienna, Graz and Linz, demanding free education for everyone. (''Austrian Times'')
- Qatar inaugurates one of the world's largest LNG trains, operated by RasGas. (''Gulf Times'')
- Pope Benedict XVI appoints Cardinal Peter Turkson of Cape Coast, Ghana, to serve as the new head of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace. (Pakistan Christian TV)
- NASA announces a delay in the launch of the Ares I-X test rocket, developed to replace the space shuttle, due to poor weather conditions. (BBC)
- The Church of Scientology in France is convicted of organised fraud. (Al Jazeera)
- China confirms it has executed 2 Tibetans over unrest last year. (''The Hindu'')
- The son of ex-French President François Mitterrand, Jean-Christophe Mitterrand and an ex-government minister, Charles Pasqua, are convicted for their roles in illegal arms sales to Angola. (Reuters)
- A nephew of Honduran interim leader Robert Micheletti and a high ranking army officer are found murdered. (Press TV)
- A British couple are missing after their yacht is hijacked by Somali pirates off the Seychelles. (Xinhua)
- North Korea says a South Korean man has defected to the North across the Korean Demilitarized Zone. (Xinhua)
- Burundi and Uganda tighten security after threats by the militant Somali Al-Shabaab, a group with links to Al-Qaeda, to attack their capitals. (VOA)
- The autonomous Aceh province in Indonesia is to ban women from wearing tight trousers under a new law, while a law authorising the stoning to death of adulterers and the whipping of homosexuals will be reviewed. (Reuters South Africa)
- Authorities in Venezuela arrest a number of people accused of being secret service agents from neighbouring Colombia, on charges of espionage. (BBC)
- Prime Minister of Thailand Abhisit Vejjajiva backs autonomy for the restive southern provinces to bring an end to violence in the region. (''Straits Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 27 October 2009
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Nimes : 2 - 0
- Angers - Brest : 1 - 2
- Arles - Dijon : 0 - 0
- Caen - Vannes : 4 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol Rvs - Leeds : 0 - 4
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ancona - Piacenza : 2 - 1
- Brescia - Gallipoli : 0 - 1
- Empoli - Triestina : 1 - 1
- Lecce - Reggina : 3 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Guimaraes - Sp Lisbon : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?