Tuesday October 27, 2009
US date format: 10/27/2009, UK date format: 27/10/2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 27, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
2012, directed by Roland Emmerich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while True Compass by Edward M. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fear Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BlazBlue: Continuum Shift or Archibald's Adventures.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 27, 2009?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- See more
- A report by the Australian government warns that global warming climate change threatens the coastal lifestyle of the country, with a prospect of a ban on coastal homes. (The Guardian) (The Daily Telegraph)
- Grassroots occupations of Austrian universities spread to several more in Vienna, Graz and Linz, demanding free education for everyone. (Boston Herald) (CNN iReport) (Austrian Times)
- Qatar inaugurates one of the world's largest LNG trains, operated by RasGas. (Al Bawaba) (The Peninsula) (Gulf Times)
- Pope Benedict XVI appoints Cardinal Peter Turkson of Cape Coast, Ghana, to serve as the new head of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace. (Pakistan Christian TV)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 27, 2009?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Maxwell - Pretty Wings
- Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem - Forever
- Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman - Wasted
- Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town
- Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett - Break Up
- Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard - God In Me
- Pleasure P - Under
- Jay-Z + Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind
- Maxwell - Bad Habits
- Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne - Successful
Sport Games on October 27, 2009
Division 2Football (France)
- Ajaccio - Nimes : 2 - 0
- Angers - Brest : 1 - 2
- Arles - Dijon : 0 - 0
- Caen - Vannes : 4 - 2
- Chateauroux - Metz : 1 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol Rvs - Leeds : 0 - 4
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Ancona - Piacenza : 2 - 1
- Brescia - Gallipoli : 0 - 1
- Empoli - Triestina : 1 - 1
- Lecce - Reggina : 3 - 2
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Guimaraes - Sp Lisbon : 1 - 1
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next October 27If October 27, 2009 is your birthday you're 10 years, 10 months, 23 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 8 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- A Fire Risk That Clears Security With more electronic devices on board, airlines are urging caution in case batteries catch fire. [..]
- A High Price for Ancestry.com The genealogy Web site hopes investors will provide $100 million in an I.P.O., valuing the whole thing at $572 million. That seems too high for Ancestry to cement a happy legacy with investors. [..]
- See all financial news of October 27, 2009
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $73.30
- Apple AAPL: opens at $201.66
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $28.73
- General Electric GE: opens at $15.07
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $120.18
- 1 USD = 91.79 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.0642 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0212 CHF
- 1 USD = 6.8294 CNY
- 1 EUR = 135.96 JPY