Tuesday 13 October 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
Not Since You, directed by Jeff Stephenson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fear Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cricket Revolution or SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook-Off.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 October 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 13 October 2009 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 13 October
- Stephen Barnett: American legal scholar who opposed the Newspaper Preservation Act of 1970 (d. 2009).
- The planned 200 million US$ rebuilding and expansion of Stockholm's central library, built by architect Gunnar Asplund, is cancelled. (SR)
- Members of the Norwegian Nobel Peace Prize jury speak out in defense of selecting U.S. President Barack Obama for the award. (AP via Google News)
- Czech President Václav Klaus tells his supporters he will never sign the Treaty of Lisbon. (''The Times'')
- Séamus Kirk is elected the 16th Ceann Comhairle of Ireland following the resignation of John O'Donoghue. (RTÉ)
- An autopsy on the body of Boyzone singer Stephen Gately finds he died of natural causes. (''Sofia Echo'')
- New Zealand police say an autopsy on two-year-old Aisling Symes reveals she drowned. She had initially been thought abducted but lay in a drain for one week as police searched. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- A previously unrecognized painting, ''La Bella Principessa'', is attributed to Leonardo da Vinci on fingerprint evidence. (BBC)
- The Philippines deploys soldiers and gunboats to surround the strongholds of suspected militants and pressure them to release an abducted Irish priest. (CBC)
- The Romanian government loses a motion of no confidence, the first government to fall in 20 years since the fall of communism in the country. (AFP)
- A Russian court rejects a libel suit by Yevgeny Dzhugashvili, the grandson of Joseph Stalin, who claimed the ''Novaya Gazeta'' newspaper lied about Stalin personally signing death warrants. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Spanish authorities arrest five members of the banned Basque political group Batasuna. (Press TV)
- North and South Korea agree to hold talks on flood control and family reunions, after North Korea fired several short range missiles earlier this week. (BBC)
- Angola and the Democratic Republic of the Congo agree to stop deporting each other's citizens in a dispute between the two countries. (BBC)
- More than 260 Sri Lankan asylum seekers threaten to blow up their boat if Indonesian authorities force them to disembark. (''The Australian'')
- South African police use tear gas to disperse protesters demonstrating against poor living conditions in several towns. (Associated Press)
- The United States Senate Finance Committee approves a bill for major healthcare reform. (BBC News)
- An investigation begins into the deaths of two Irish Army Air Corps pilots in a plane crash in County Galway on Monday. (Sky News)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 October 2009
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Raith Rvs - Inverness C : 0 - 1
- Ross County - Dunfermline : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Peterhead - Brechin : 1 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Livingston - Annan Athletic : 2 - 0
- Montrose - Queens Park : 1 - 2
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Brighton - Gillingham : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West - Run This Town
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Under - Pleasure P
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Number One - R. Kelly Featuring Keri Hilson
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
Top #10 Latin songs
- Shakira - Loba
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Sufre - Dareyes de La Sierra
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?