Sunday 25 October 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to 3 by Britney Spears.
Nathan der Weise, directed by Manfred Noa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Time Of My Life by Patrick Swayze and Lisa Niemi was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WOW Croatia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colin McRae: Dirt 2 or The Book of Unwritten Tales.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 25 October 2009 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 October
- American billionaire philanthropist Jeffry Picower and friend of Bernie Madoff drowns in his Florida swimming pool after suffering a heart attack, at age 67. Picower was the subject of a US$7.2 billion lawsuit filed by the Madoff fraud case trustee.
- The 25 October 2009 Baghdad bombings kills 155 and wounds at least 721.
- Israeli police and Palestinians clash at Temple Mount, Jerusalem's holiest site, resulting in 12 arrests. (Associated Press)
- Bomb blasts kill 155 people and injure at least 500 in central Baghdad, the country's deadliest attack for two years. ''(The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- India tells China that the Dalai Lama is an ampquothonoured guestampquot and will not be barred from visiting Arunachal Pradesh despite protests from China. (''Straits Times'')
- Nigeria's main militant group, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, declares an indefinite ceasefire. (Xinhua)
- Maksharip Aushev, human rights activist and opposition leader of Ingushetia, is shot dead while driving his car near Nartan in Kabardino-Balkaria. A female passenger is also attacked. (RIA Novosti)
- Tunisians vote in a general election. (Al Jazeera)
- Uruguayans vote in a general election. (Associated Press)
- Easter Islanders vote to restrict the number of immigrants in a referendum. (BBC)
- The oil refinery fire continues to burn out of control in Cataño, Puerto Rico, two days after the initial explosion. (''Washington Post'')
- Buildings across the NetherlandsmdashSt. Martin's Cathedral, Utrecht, Rotterdam's Euromast and Groningen's Martinitorenmdashdim their lights as clocks go back in Europe. (Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
- Inspectors from the United Nations' nuclear watchdog, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), arrive in Iran to inspect a newly disclosed nuclear facility near the city of Qom. (CNN)
- It is revealed that composer Andrew Lloyd Webber has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. (''The Guardian'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 October 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Parma : 3 - 1
- Bari - Lazio : 2 - 0
- Cagliari - Genoa : 3 - 2
- Chievo - Milan : 1 - 2
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Anderlecht : 0 - 2
- Roeselare - Club Brugge : 2 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Werder Bremen : 1 - 4
- Hertha - Wolfsburg : 0 - 0
- Schalke 04 - Hamburg : 3 - 3
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Union Berlin : 1 - 4
- Karlsruhe - Oberhausen : 1 - 1
- St Pauli - Cottbus : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?