Thursday 29 October 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
The Secret in Their Eyes, directed by Juan Jos Campanella, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Greatest Show On Earth by Richard Dawkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching WOW Croatia.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook-Off or Spider-Man: Toxic City.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 29 October 2009 ?
- St. Terence of Metz
- Turkey - Republic Day (1923)
- Anglican Church - James Hannington
- St. Zenobius
- St. Theodore
- St. Bond
- Saint Colman of Kilmacduagh
- St. Maximillian
- St. Donatus of Corfu
- St. Anne
- St. Abraham of Rostov
- R.C. Saints - October 29th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Narcissus of Jerusalem, Diwali in 1989.
- Douai Martyrs
- St. Elfleda
- St. Hyacinth
- St. Ida of Leeuw
- St. John of Autun
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 October
- The Haitian Senate votes to remove Prime Minister Michèle Pierre-Louis. (AP via Google News)
- The ''de facto'' regime in Honduras files suit with the International Court of Justice over Brazil's continued harbouring of exiled president Manuel Zelaya in its Tegucigalpa embassy. (''Guardian'')
- English Premier League footballer Marlon King is convicted of sexual assault, imprisoned and sacked by his club Wigan Athletic F.C. (''The Times'')
- India's Prime Minister Manmohan Singh announces a ampquotnew chapterampquot in the Jammu and Kashmir peace process, and withdraws some troops from the region. (''New York Times'')
- The United States unofficially exits recession in the third quarter, growing at 3.5%. (Al Jazeera)
- Kenya is to carry out its first census on its gay population to combat HIV/AIDS, even though homosexuality is banned in the country. (BBC)
- Danish Prime Minister Lars Loekke Rasmussen says a deal at a UN climate change summit in December is unlikely. (RTT News)
- 12 are killed by an IOC depot fire in Jaipur, Army is called. (''The Times Of India'')
- A Thai cargo ship is hijacked in the Gulf of Aden off the coast of Somalia. (RIA Novosti)
- South Korea arrests a college lecturer accused of spying for North Korea, saying he was recruited by North Korean agents in India. (The Canadian Press)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad says the government is ready for a deal on its nuclear program. (Jewish Telegraphic Agency)
- The African Union imposes a travel ban on the leader of Guinea's military junta, Moussa Dadis Camara, and 41 of his colleagues and freezes their bank accounts. (Reuters)
- Rwandan man Désiré Munyaneza is given a life sentence in Canada for his role in the Rwandan genocide under the Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act. (CTV)
- A gunman opens fire at the Adat Yeshurun Valley Sephardic synagogue in North Hollywood, Los Angeles, United States, and wounds two people. (''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- The composer and pianist Elton John cancels his 30 October final date of The Red Piano Tour scheduled for The O2, Dublin, due to declining health. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 29 October 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Inter - Palermo : 5 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?