Thursday 22 October 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 22, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to 3 by Britney Spears.
Everybody's Fine, directed by Kirk Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fear Clinic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragonball Evolution or Bit.Trip Beat.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 October 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 22 October 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 October
- Sweden's Lutheran Church decides to conduct same-sex marriages, becoming the first major church to do so. (Reuters)
- China's economy grows at 8.9% in the third quarter from a year earlier, the fastest pace in a year. (CNN)
- In a change of policy, the British Broadcasting Corporation controversially gives a platform on ''Question Time'' to the far right British National Party (BNP) leader Nick Griffin. (Associated Press)
- The Microsoft operating systems Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 go on retail sale worldwide. (CNET News)
- The Russian civil rights society ''Memorial'' is awarded the 2009 Sakharov Prize for freedom of thought. (euronews)
- Ethiopia appeals for food aid for 6.2 million people facing starvation. (CBC)
- Nearly 6,000 Tamil refugees are released from Sri Lanka's main camp for war-displaced people, to be re-settled over the next few weeks. (BBC)
- A U.S. State Department report to Congress alleges that war crimes were committed by the Sri Lankan Military and the rebel Tamil Tigers in the final months of the Sri Lankan Civil War. ( BBC)
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security will allow Chinese and Russian tourists to travel to the Northern Mariana Islands without a visa. (''Saipan Tribune'')
- The Olympic Flame was lit during a ceremony in Olympia, Greece to start the 2010 Winter Olympics Torch Relay.( Gamesbids.com)
- The U.S. House Financial Services Committee approved a measure establishing a Consumer Financial Protection Agency.( Washington Post)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Break Up - Mario Featuring Gucci Mane & Sean Garrett
- Run This Town - Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kanye West
- Wasted - Gucci Mane Featuring Plies Or OJ Da Juiceman
- Under - Pleasure P
- Successful - Drake Featuring Trey Songz & Lil Wayne
- God In Me - Mary Mary Featuring Kierra "KiKi" Sheard
- Forever - Drake Featuring Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Eminem
- Number One - R. Kelly Featuring Keri Hilson
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
Top #10 Latin songs
- Shakira - Loba
- Esclavo De Sus Besos - David Bisbal
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- Nelly Furtado - Manos Al Aire
- Su Veneno - Aventura
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Mi Cama Huele A Ti - Tito "El Bambino" El Parton Featuring Zion & Lennox
- Recuerdame - La Quinta Estacion A Dueto Con Marc Anthony
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
Top #10 Rock songs
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Jars - Chevelle
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Pearl Jam - The Fixer
- Muse - Uprising
- Break - Three Days Grace
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- You're Going Down - Sick Puppies
- Overcome - Creed
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The results did provide some indication that the online shopping site may be pulling out of its yearlong slump. [..]
Continental’s chief predicted “a new normal that is better than what we see today, but not as good as we saw in the past.” [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.59
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $62.42
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $65.26
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $48.07
- 1 CHF = 6.7942 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5188 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9594 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.323 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?