Wednesday 14 October 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Down by Jay Sean.
Couples Retreat, directed by Peter Billingsley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Meet the Natives USA.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blue Toad Murder Files or Alien Breed: Evolution.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 October 2009!
Which were the important events of 14 October 2009 ?
- Also see October 14 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Navet (Turnip) Day, twenty-third day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Teachers' Day, or National Education Day in Poland
- World Standards Day (from ISO, IEC, ITU)
- RC Saints - Pope Callistus I
- World Organ Donation Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 October
- Negotiators in Honduras reach a deal to restore President Manuel Zelaya to office to end the political crisis in the country. (Xinhua)
- Opposition politicians walk out of the Russian lower house of parliament, the State Duma, alleging vote rigging at the weekend's elections which saw the United Russia party winning nearly every poll. (RIA Novosti)
- Irish bishops and politicians request the release of 79-year-old Michael Sinnott, saying he needs urgent medical attention. (ABS-CBN)
- The kidnappers are identified as notorious pirates, not the Moro Islamic Liberation Front as had been initially thought. (Xinhua)
- The Philippines asks the country's largest Muslim separatist group to help find and free the kidnapped Irish priest. (''The Belfast Telegraph'')
- The United Nations warns that malnutrition is getting worse. (BBC)
- Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan visits Turkey to attend a qualifying match between the nations for the FIFA World Cup. Turkish fans boo the Armenian anthem. (BBC)
- The Dow Jones closes above 10,000 points for the first time in more than a year. (''The New York Times'')
- Korean founder and leader of the worldwide Unification Church, Sun Myung Moon, holds a mass wedding ceremony for some 1,000 couples near Seoul. (Reuters)
- Tim Berners-Lee issues an apology for the unnecessary ampquot//ampquot in URLs he designed for the World Wide Web. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- A Zimbabwean court orders a senior MDC official, Roy Bennett, back to jail on terrorism charges. (''South Africa Times'')
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?