Saturday 12 April 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander Marr and Istvan Anhalt.
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 12 April 1919 ?
- Saint Julius I
- Saint Zeno of Verona
- Saint Erkembode
- Saint Damian
- Yuri's Night, an international celebration of the first human in space, Yuri Gagarin; in Russia (and formerly in USSR), the Cosmonautics Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia begins.
- Alexander Marr: Swiss-born German astrologer, he moved to Germany at age one.
- Istvan Anhalt: composer.
- Maurice Girodias: French publisher.
- Wilson Charles: Geoffery Baldwin hero.
- István Anhalt: Hungarian-Canadian composer and educator (d. 2012).
- Billy Vaughn: American musician and bandleader (d. 1991).
- British Parliament passes a 48-hour work week with minimum wages.
- Murderer Henri Désiré Landru is arrested.
- Amritsar Massacre: British and Gurkha troops massacre 379 Sikhs in the Punjab in India.
- Eugene V. Debs enters prison at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kentucky Dreams - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Beautiful Ohio - Olive Kline & Marguerite Dunlap
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?