Wednesday 30 April 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include François Brigneau and Valeer [Valerius V] van Kerkhove.
The Red Lantern, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 April 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 30 April 1919 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
- François Brigneau
- Valeer [Valerius V] van Kerkhove: Flemish writer / producer.
- Franéois Brigneau: Concarneau Journalist.
- Phillies beat Brooklyn Dodgers 9-0 in 20 innings
- Amanullah Khan attacks British government in India.
- Weimar Republic troops and the Freikorps occupy Munich and crush the Bavarian Soviet Republic.
- Several bombs are intercepted in the first wave of the 1919 United States anarchist bombings.
- A large left-wing demonstration in France leads to a violent confrontation with the police.
- Riots break out in Cleveland, Ohio 2 people are killed, 40 injured, and 116 arrested.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - Marion Harris
- Till We Meet Again - Prince's Orchestra