Tuesday 15 April 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jo Privat and Elizabeth Catelett.
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1919 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Jo Privat: French musician, an accordion player known as the ‘’white gypsy’’ and the ‘’king of Lappe street.
- Elizabeth Catelett: Sculptor / lithographer.
- Meriol Trevor: Novelist / biographer (Civil Prisoners).
- Clive Beadon: airman.
- John Kidd: American military, a Major-General in the US Air Force, he saw combat duirng WWII.
- Alberto Breccia: Uruguayan-Argentinian author and illustrator (d. 1993).
- Save the Children Fund set up in the UK to raise money for the relief of German and Austrian children.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kentucky Dreams - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Beautiful Ohio - Olive Kline & Marguerite Dunlap
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?