Saturday 19 April 1919
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stanley Yolles and Sol Kaplan.
Ring Up the Curtain, directed by Alfred J. Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 April 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1919 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Stanley Yolles: American educator and the nation's top official on mental health in the '60s.
- Sol Kaplan: American pianist and composer (d. 1990).
- Opera Monsieur Beaucaire is produced (London)
- 23rd Boston Marathon won by Carl Linder of Massachusetts in 2:29:13.4.
- French assembly decides on 8 hour work day.
- Leslie Irvin of the United States makes the first successful voluntary free-fall parachute jump using a new kind of self-contained parachute.