Sunday 13 April 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madalyn Murray O'Hair and Howard Keel.
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 13 April 1919
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 13 April 1919 ?
- Madalyn Murray O'Hair
- Howard Keel: American actor and singer (d. 2004).
- Madalyn O'Hair: American atheist, activist and author.
- Rene Gallice
- Roland Gaucher: French journalist and politician (d. 2007).
- Phil Tonken: American radio and television announcer (d. 2000).
- British forces kill 100s of Indian Nationalists (Amritsar Massacre)
- The Establishment of the Provisional Government of the Republic of Korea.
- Jallianwala Bagh massacre: British troops massacre at least 379 unarmed demonstrators in Amritsar, India. At least 1200 wounded.
- Eugene V. Debs enters prison at the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary in Atlanta, Georgia, for speaking out against the draft during World War I.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kentucky Dreams - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
- Beautiful Ohio - Olive Kline & Marguerite Dunlap