Wednesday 23 October 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Kagame and Dwight Lowry.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Wake Up Little Susie by The Everly Brothers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Blonde in Bondage, directed by Robert Brandt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Innocent Ambassadors by Philip Wylie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1957 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Paul Kagame: Rwandan soldier and politician 6th President of Rwanda.
- Dwight Lowry: American baseball player.
- Beat Breu
- Graham Rix
- Adam Nawalka
- Martin King: Civil Rights Leader.
- Martin Luther King III: American human rights advocate.
- Sue Ertl: LPGA golfer.
- Louann Fernald San Antonio TX: Playmate (Jun, 1979).
- 1st test firing of Vanguard satellite launch vehicle, TV-3
- First test firing of Vanguard satellite launch vehicle, TV-3.
- Morocco begins its invasion of Ifni.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Elvis Presley - Jailhouse Rock
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?