Sunday 6 April 1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Georgios Mylonas .
The Delicious Little Devil, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1919 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Georgios Mylonas: Greek politician 11th Greek Minister of Culture (d. 1998).
- Stefan Surzynski composer: dies at age 63.
- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi orders a general strike.
- April 7 ampndash The Bavarian Soviet Republic is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Come On, Papa - Avon Comedy Four
- I'll Say She Does - All-Star Trio
- Beautiful Ohio - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?