Tuesday 8 April 1919
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ian Douglas Smith and Roger Pigaut.
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while The Desert of Wheat by Zane Gre was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1919 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Ian Douglas Smith
- Roger Pigaut: France Actor.
- [Douglas] Ian Smith: Premier of Rhodesia (1964-.
- Ian Smith: Rhodesian political leader, a Member of Parliament from 1953 and Prime Minister 1964 through his retirement in 1979.
- Lorand Eotvos: Hungarian physicist (Born 1848).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Waldorf-Astoria Dance Orchestra
- Come On, Papa - Avon Comedy Four
- I'll Say She Does - All-Star Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?