Wednesday 16 April 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Willmore and Merce Cunningham.
Blackie's Redemption, directed by John Ince, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
while Dangerous Days by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1919 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Tom Willmore: English geometer (d. 2005).
- Merce Cunningham: American dancer, choreographer, innovator and recognized leader of avant-gardists.
- Edward Tovrea: American businessman, heir to the Tovrea fortune, son of Philip Tovrea and his first wife.
- Nilla Pizzi: Italian singer (d. 2011).
- Pedro Vázquez: Mexican architect designed the Tijuana Cultural Center and National Museum of Anthropology (d. 2013).
- Thomas Willmore: English geometer and academic (d. 2005)
- Polish : Soviet War: The Polish army launches the Vilna offensive to capture Vilnius in modern Lithuania.
- Gandhi organizes a day of ''prayer and fasting'' in response to the killing of Indian protesters in the Amritsar Massacre by the British.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1919 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Beautiful Ohio - Olive Kline & Marguerite Dunlap
- Kentucky Dreams - Yerkes Jazarimba Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?