Wednesday 16 April 1919
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Merce Cunningham and Nilla Pizzi.
Ring Up the Curtain, directed by Alfred J. Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1919!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1919 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Merce Cunningham: American dancer, choreographer, innovator and recognized leader of avant-gardists.
- Nilla Pizzi: Italian singer (d. 2011).
- Tom Willmore: English geometer (d. 2005).
- Edward Tovrea: American businessman, heir to the Tovrea fortune, son of Philip Tovrea and his first wife.
- Pedro Vázquez: Mexican architect designed the Tijuana Cultural Center and National Museum of Anthropology (d. 2013).
- Thomas Willmore: English geometer and academic (d. 2005).
- Polish : Soviet War: The Polish army launches the Vilna offensive to capture Vilnius in modern Lithuania.
- Gandhi organizes a day of ''prayer and fasting'' in response to the killing of Indian protesters in the Amritsar Massacre by the British.