Monday 4 March 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 4, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mykelti Williamson and Rick Mast.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Young Love by Tab Hunter.
Fear Strikes Out, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The New World by Winston S. Churchill was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Railway Children.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 4 March 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 March 1957!
Which were the important events of 4 March 1957 ?
- Saint Efrem
- Catholicism - Commemoration of Saint Lucius I, pope, martyr.
- Saint Peter of Pappacarbone.
- Saint Lucius I.
- Saint Pierre de Cluny.
- Feast day of Humbert III of Savoy.
- Saint Basil and his Companions.
- Saint Adrian of Nicomedia, bishop of Saint Andrew's, and his Companions.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Casimir, patron saint of Lithuania.
- United States - Inauguration Day (1789 - 1933)
- St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada - Charter Day (1881)
- Vermont - Admission Day (1791).
- Pennsylvania - Charter Day (1681).
- Wales - Feast day of Rhiannon, Celtic Moon Goddess.
- Feast day of Saint Placide Viel.
- Mykelti Williamson
- Rick Mast: American race car driver.
- Jim Dwyer: American journalist and author.
- Ron Fassler: American film and television actor.
- Steve Marocco: American homosexual male, diagnosed with AIDS 7/04/1983.
- Edouard Vermeulen: Belgian fashion designer.
- Pius Njawé: Cameroonian journalist (d. 2010).
- Nicholas Coleridge: English journalist and businessman.
- The S&P 500 stock market index is introduced, replacing the S&P 90.
- Standard amp Poor's first publishes the SampP 500 guide.
- United Kingdom colonies Gold Coast and British Togoland become the independent nation of Ghana.
- Zodi Ikhia founds the Nigerien Democratic Front (FDN) in Niger.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1957 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?