Tuesday 12 January 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Winter's Bone, directed by Debra Granik, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiere bis unters Dach.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Data East Arcade Classics or Ace Combat: Joint Assault.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 12 January 2010 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 January
- The 2010 Haiti earthquake occurs killing an estimated 316,000 and destroying the majority of the capital Port-au-Prince.
- Australia experiences its hottest night since 1902, as a heatwave grips the country. (IBN Live)
- Five Thai policemen are charged with murder over the disappearance of a Saudi businessman 20 years ago that was linked to the theft of Saudi royal jewellery. (BBC)
- The European Court of Human Rights rules that powers contained in the UK Terrorism Act 2000 violate the European Convention on Human Rights. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom bans the Islamist organisation Al-Muhajiroun and an offshoot group, Islam4UK. (VOA)
- A severe 7.0 magnitude earthquake strikes Haiti. Tsunami watches issued across the Caribbean. (BBC)
- Google says it may end its operations in China as it is no longer willing to continue censoring its search results. (''The Guardian'')
- U.S. talk show host Conan O'Brien announces his intention to quit ''The Tonight Show'' if NBC goes forward with their plan to move the show from its long standing 11:35pm timeslot to 12:05am in favor of ''The Jay Leno Show''. (AP)
- A gunman kills two people at a bar in Habikino, Japan, before turning the gun on himself. (''The Times of India'')
- The ampquotbizarre behaviourampquot of a nocturnal raspy cricket pollinating a flower is caught on camera on the island of Réunion, contradicting the image of crickets destroying flowers. (''New Scientist'')
- Four men feature in the first Crown Court criminal trial to be held without a jury in England and Wales for more than 350 years. (''Ealing Times'')
- Police in Kent, UK, admit the unlawful searching of two 11-year-old children who were left ampquotcrying and shakingampquot after being targeted at a demonstration near Hoo. (''The Guardian'')
- A United Nations investigation clears Guatemalan President Álvaro Colom in the murder of lawyer Rodrigo Rosenberg Marzano, and rules that Rosenberg plotted his own murder. (CNN)
- A bomb blast damages the Mozdok – Makhachkala – Kazi Magomed pipeline in Russia's Republic of Dagestan, leaving eleven towns in the republic without gas supply. (ITAR-TASS)
- Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa announces that Tamils will be given greater say in matters of governance, proposing power sharing agreements. (AFP)
- The first map in Chinese to show the Americas, created by Matteo Ricci at the request of the Wanli Emperor, goes on public display. (IOL)
- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is ‘encouraged’ by recent developments in Guinean politics, and states the UN will continue working with the African Union (AU), the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) and other partners. (UN News Centre)
- Chile becomes the first South American country to be admitted to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. (Al Jazeera)
- China's top search engine Baidu is allegedly attacked by Iranian hackers, sparking a retaliatory attack by Chinese hackers on Iranian sites. (AFP)
- Nigerian President Umaru Yar'Adua gives his first interview since going into hospital in Saudi Arabia to the BBC, saying he hopes to return home soon as protests in the capital Abuja demand an end to the political situation. (''Vanguard'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 12 January 2010
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- St Mirren - Aberdeen : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Papers - Usher
- Ludacris - How Low
- Bad Habits - Maxwell
- Jay-Z + Alicia Keys - Empire State Of Mind
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
Top #10 Latin songs
- Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga - Me Gusta Todo De Ti
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
- Looking For Paradise - Alejandro Sanz Featuring Alicia Keys
- Los Huracanes del Norte - Mi Complemento
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Muse - Uprising
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Foo Fighters - Wheels
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - Kings And Queens
- Alice In Chains - Check My Brain
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - 1901
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?