Tuesday January 12, 1971
US date format: 1/12/1971, UK date format: 12/1/1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see zodiac on January 12, 1971). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Scott Burrell and Tommy Puett.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to by .
In UK by was in the top 5 hits.
The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh, directed by Sergio Martino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while A White House Diary by Lady Bird Johnson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zollfahndung.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Star Trek or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 12, 1971?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
- All in the Family premieres on CBS featuring 1st toilet flush on TV
- Soon opens at Ritz Theater NYC for 3 performances
- US Federal grand jury indicts Reverand Philip Berrigan and five others, including a nun and two priests, on charges of plotting to kidnap Henry Kissinger.
- The Harrisburg Seven: The Reverend Philip Berrigan and five others are indicted on charges of conspiring to kidnap Henry Kissinger and of plotting to blow up the heating tunnels of federal buildings in Washington, D.C.
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 12, 1971?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next January 12If January 12, 1971 is your birthday you're 49 years, 10 months, 20 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 1 month, 10 days.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on January 12, 1971?
On January 12, 1971 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is January 12, 1971?
On January 12, 1971 the zodiac sign was Capricorn.
Who was the US President on January 12, 1971?
On January 12, 1971 the US President was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on January 12, 1971?
On January 12, 1971 the UK Prime Minister was Edward Heath (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on January 12, 1971?
On January 12, 1971 Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on January 12, 1971?
On January 12, 1971 several famous people were born including, Scott Burrell, Tommy Puett, Andy Fox.
What was the number one song in January 12, 1971?
The number one song in the week of January 12, 1971 was My Sweet Lord by George Harrison in US and Grandad by Clive Dunn in UK.
What were the top hits on January 12, 1971?
The top hits on January 12, 1971 were My Sweet Lord by George Harrison, Knock Three Times by Dawn, One Less Bell To Answer by The 5th Dimension in US and Grandad by Clive Dunn, I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds, Ride A White Swan by T Rex in UK.