Friday 12 January 2007US date format: 1/12/2007, UK date format: 12/1/2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 12, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Savages, directed by Tamara Jenkins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Brother Odd by Dean Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Acorralada.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney or Dragon Ball Z: Harukanaru Densetsu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 January 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 12 January 2007 ?
- In USA's Monk, the 4th season episode of MR. MONK AND MRS. MONK (#T-2351) indicates that Monk spilt something on January 12, 1999 during an earthquake. He stated "Earthquakes count, I don't make the rules."
- In the television series The X-Files, the third season episode Syzygy, has two girls, Terri & Magi, both born on January 12, 1979. Strange astrological properties with 3+ celestial bodies in alignment gives them great power which they use to kill off several of their high school classmates on their birthday in 1996.
- In 2001: A Space Odyssey, the fictional computer HAL becomes operational on January 12. In the movie by Stanley Kubrick, HAL was "born" in 1992, while in the book by Arthur C. Clarke the same event occurs in 1997.
- Tanzania - Zanzibar Revolution Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 January
- Sir James Killen: Australian politician (Born 1925).
- The US Embassy in Athens is attacked with a rocket propelled grenade, causing minimal damage and no injuries.
- Comet C/2006 P1 (McNaught) reaches perihelion becoming the brightest comet in more than 40 years.
- China and Russia veto a United States drafted United Nations Security Council Resolution that would have urged the government of Myanmar to stop human rights abuses and the repression of political opposition. (LA Times)
- Terri Irwin, widow of naturalist and TV personality Steve Irwin, reports that all footage of his death from a stingray piercing his heart has been destroyed, and the events surrounding his death will not be shown in his final documentary, ''Ocean's Deadliest''. (Access Hollywood)
- The Chinese Foreign Ministry warns it has intelligence indicating East Turkestan Islamic Movement terrorists will launch an attack against China from Kyrgyzstan. Security personnel along the border between the two countries is increased. (RFE/RL)
- United States armed forces raid the office of the Iranian Consulate General in Arbil, a city in Iraqi Kurdistan. (The New York Times)
- Underground tunnel of the future Pinheiros Subway Station, in São Paulo collapses, opening a huge crater and making a large number of vehicles falling into.
- Fakhruddin Ahmed becomes the new Chief Advisor in Bangladesh amid the current political crisis. (USA Today)
- Somali government and Ethiopian forces capture the town of Ras Kamboni, and pursue fleeing Islamist forces. (AP)
- An Argentinian judge issues an arrest warrant for former president Isabel Martínez de Perón, implicated in the disappearance of a human-rights activist in 1976. Perón has been living in Spain since 1981. (BBC)
- ''''Casino Royale'''' and ''''The Queen'''' lead this year's BAFTA film award nominations. (BBC)
- Raleb Majadele is appointed minister of science and technology, becoming the first Israeli Arab Muslim to serve as a cabinet minister in the government of Israel. (BBC)
Sport Games on 12 January 2007
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Ajaccio : 1 - 1
- Bastia - Libourne : 3 - 2
- Chateauroux - Creteil : 1 - 0
- Dijon - Istres : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- West Brom - Luton : 3 - 2
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Spezia - Piacenza : 3 - 3
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Boavista - Maritimo : 1 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Ciara - Promise
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- My Love - Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.
- Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin
- Unk - Walk It Out
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Dime (Tell Me) - Pitbull Featuring Frankie J & Ken-Y
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Chiquilla - A.B. Quintanilla III Presents Kumbia All Starz
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
- Me Matas - RKM & Ken-Y
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The chief of US Airways, with a $10.5 billion takeover proposal for Delta, has helped make the industry feel better about itself again. [..]
Wolfgang Bernhard will leave the company as part of a broad shake-up of its managing board. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $65.80
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $90.51
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $63.49
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.64
- 1 CAD = 1.0656 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9769 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9164 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4426 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?