Tuesday 12 July 2011
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Captain America: The First Avenger, directed by Joe Johnston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Carte Blanche by Jeffery Deaver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Walking in Circles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Mirror III: Final Fear or Dark Souls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 2011!
Which were the important events of 12 July 2011 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 July
- 7 people are killed and 3 others are injured by a United States drone attack in Pakistan's South Waziristan region. (''Dawn'')
- Miners clash with police in Chile. (Euronews)
- Thousands of people flee Maiduguri in Borno State after recent deadly attacks there. (BBC)
- United Nations special rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment Juan E. Méndez suggests the United States is violating UN rules by refusing unmonitored access to imprisoned United States Army private Bradley Manning, the young serviceman the Obama administration accuses of passing classified information on secret U.S. activities to the WikiLeaks whistleblower website. United Nations Human Rights Council)
- It is reported that the U.S. government's Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) deployed a fake vaccine programme in Abbottabad ahead of its assassination of Osama bin Laden in an effort to obtain a DNA sample from his family. (BBC)
- Arab Spring
- 2011 Egyptian revolution:
- A large protest with as many as a million people participating is planned for the Egyptian capital Cairo over perceived lack of progress since the 2011 Egyptian revolution. (''Gulf News'')
- An evening rally is held in Tahrir Square. (BBC)
- Egypt's deputy prime minister Yehia El-Gamal resigns on the fifth day of the sit-in at Tahrir Square in Cairo. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war:
- Muammar Gaddafi sends a delegation to Israel they hand over digital material to Tsipi Livni. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- The National Assembly of France votes to approve continued participation in NATO operations in Libya. (AFP via France 24)
- Suspected Abu Sayyaf gunmen abduct two United States citizens and a Filipino relative from an island village in Zamboanga City in the Philippines. (Philstar)
- War in Afghanistan:
- President of France Nicolas Sarkozy visits Afghanistan to meet with the President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai and commander of the International Security Assistance Force David Petraeus before visiting French troops stationed in Surobi. (Reuters via Alertnet)
- The Taliban claims responsibility for the death of Ahmad Wali Karzai, the brother of Hamid Karzai, and one of the most powerful people in Afghanistan. (BBC)
- A British ticket scoops the largest ever lottery prize in Europe, the £161,653,000 EuroMillions jackpot, by securing all five numbers and both Lucky Stars. (BBC)
- American television producer Sherwood Schwartz, the creator of ''Gilligan's Island'' and ''The Brady Bunch'', dies in Los Angeles, California. (''Herald Sun'')
- Ireland's debt rating is reduced to ampquotjunkampquot status by Moody's. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?