Wednesday 12 March 1930US date format: 3/12/1930, UK date format: 12/3/1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 12, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Marquand and Scoey Mitchill in Newburgh.
Mammy, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 March 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1930!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1930 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Serge Marquand: French actor and film producer.
- Scoey Mitchill in Newburgh: New York, USA; comedian (Barefoot in the Park, Rhoda).
- Stanko Horvat: Composer.
- Antony Acland: Provost of Eton / British ambassador (to US).
- Robin Cavendish: Disabled campaigner.
- Bronco Horvath: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Vern Law: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Win Tin: Burmese journalist and politician co-founded the National League for Democracy (d. 2014).
- Vernon Law: American baseball player.
- Stella Walsh sets record for the 220-yard dash (26.1 seconds).
- Mahatma Gandhi leads a 200-mile march, known as the Salt March, to the sea in defiance of British opposition, to protest the British monopoly on salt.