Thursday 12 March 1936
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lloyd Dobbins in Newport News and Anthony Loehnis.
These Three, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Sparkenbroke by Charles Morgan was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1936 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Lloyd Dobbins in Newport News: Virginia, USA; newscaster (NBC News Overnight).
- Anthony Loehnis: vice chairman (S G Warburg and Co).
- Lloyd Dobyns: American journalist and author.
- Patrick Procktor: Irish-English painter and academic (d. 2003).
- Eddie Sutton: American basketball player and coach.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?