Monday 12 March 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rudolph Agner and Virginia Hamilton.
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1934 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Rudolph Agner: CEO (Consolidated Gold Fields).
- Virginia Hamilton: American author (d. 2002).
- David Spenser: Sri Lankan-English actor and director (d. 2013).
- Josip Broz (Tito) freed from jail
- Konstantin Pats and General Johan Laidoner stage a coup in Estonia, and ban all political parties.
- Konstantin Päts and general Johan Laidoner stage a coup in Estonia, and ban all political parties.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?