Thursday 12 May 1921
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Beuys and Farley Mowat.
Carmen, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1921!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1921 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Joseph Beuys: West German avant-garde artist/politician, in Dnsseldorf, Germany, at age 64.
- Farley Mowat: Canadian writer, a best-selling novelist of "Never Cry Wolf" and "People of the Deer" in which he brought the first public attention to conservation of the Arctic.
- Giovanni Benelli: Archbishop (Florence) / Papal candidate.
- Henry Mackie: designer of the Belfast Calorimeter.
- Edvard Mikcaeli: Mirzoyan composer.
- Pierre Rouanet: Fontenay sous bois Writer.
- National Hospital Day first observed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Mammy - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?