Sunday 12 May 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Norman Whitfield .
Waterloo Bridge, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1940 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Norman Whitfield: associated with the Temptations (Born 1940).
- Nazi blitz conquest of France began by crossing Muese River
- German tanks conquer Moerdijkbrug.
- French mariners occupy Saint Maarten.