Thursday 12 May 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Ange Dutheil and Mort Sahl.
Crazy to Act, directed by Earle Rodney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1927 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Marie-Ange Dutheil
- Zilpha Keatley Snyder: Author.
- Mort Sahl: Comedian.
- Bertrand Gorostarzu: French infantry captain.
- Barry O'Brien: American accountant and CEO in charge of Iowa-Illinois Gas and Electric, a utilities company.
- Jean Rosa: French physician, a hematologist whose research work focuses on the molecular pathology of hemoglobin.
- The British police raid the office of the Soviet trade delegation.