Thursday 12 May 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Ange Dutheil and Bertrand Gorostarzu.
Crazy to Act, directed by Earle Rodney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1927 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Marie-Ange Dutheil
- Bertrand Gorostarzu: French infantry captain.
- Barry O'Brien: American accountant and CEO in charge of Iowa-Illinois Gas and Electric, a utilities company.
- Jean Rosa: French physician, a hematologist whose research work focuses on the molecular pathology of hemoglobin.
- The British police raid the office of the Soviet trade delegation.