Tuesday 17 May 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Galliano Rossini and Ronald Halstead.
Crazy to Act, directed by Earle Rodney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1927 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- Galliano Rossini: Italian Gold Medal winner for skeet and trap, Melbourne Olympics, 1956.
- Ronald Halstead: deputy CEO (British Steel).
- Jordan Haines: American banker and CEO of Fourth Financial, a commercial banking corporation that buys S & L's.
- Harold Geiger: American lieutenant and pilot (d. 1927).
- Chicago Cubs beat Boston Braves, 4-3, in 22 innings
- The U.S. Army aviation pioneer Major Harold Geiger dies in the crash of his Airco DH.4 de Havilland plane, at Olmsted Field, Pennsylvania.