Friday 13 May 1927
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clive Barnes and Archie Scott-Brown.
Wings, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Lost Ecstasy by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1927 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Clive Barnes: Drama critic (NY Times, New York Post).
- Archie Scott-Brown: English race car driver (d. 1958).
- Bice Valori: Italian actress and comedienne who appeared in theater and on TV, usually in tandem with her husband, Psolo Panelli.
- Archie Brown: Scottish race car driver (d. 1958).
- Herbert Ross: American film director and producer (Born 1927).
- Black Friday on Berlin Stock Exchange
- VVOG soccer team forms in Harderwijk
- George V proclaims the change of his title from King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland to King of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?