Tuesday 24 May 1927
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Abbes and Martinus J.
Crazy to Act, directed by Earle Rodney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1927 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Claude Abbes: France sport Champion.
- John Kelly Jr: United States -- Sculls (1956 Olympics - Bronze Medalist) / Brother of Grace Kelly.
- Martinus J: Mentz; South African Member of Parliament (Conservative).
- Timothy Beven: CEO (Barclays Bank).
- William Thomson: American music educator at the collegiate level, music theorist, composer, former Music School Dean and Professor at the Thornton School of Music, University of Southern California, 1980–1992.
- Britain severs diplomatic relations with the Soviet Union because of revelations of espionage and underground agitation.