Saturday 14 May 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 14, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Spork and Clive Barnes.
Crazy to Act, directed by Earle Rodney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1927 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Clive Barnes: Journalist.
- Shirley Spork: LPGA golfer.
- Herbert W Franke: Austrian writer.
- Georges Suffert: French journalist and writer, who has written for France Observateur, L'Express, Le Figaro and Le Point.
- Herbert Franke: Austrian scientist and author.
- 53rd Kentucky Derby: Linus McAtee aboard Whiskery wins in 2:06.
- "Ain't She Sweet?" hits #1 on the pop singles chart by Ben Bernie.