Saturday 14 May 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shirley Spork and Herbert W Franke.
Crazy to Act, directed by Earle Rodney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1927 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Shirley Spork: LPGA golfer.
- Herbert W Franke: Austrian writer.
- Georges Suffert: French journalist and writer, who has written for France Observateur, L'Express, Le Figaro and Le Point.
- Herbert Franke: Austrian scientist and author.
- 53rd Kentucky Derby: Linus McAtee aboard Whiskery wins in 2:06.
- "Ain't She Sweet?" hits #1 on the pop singles chart by Ben Bernie.