Wednesday 18 May 1927
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Nourissier and Charles Humez.
Wings, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while The Plutocrat by Booth Tarkington was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 May 1927 ?
- François Nourissier: French journalist, writer and editor.
- Apollo 10 (launch date)
- Charles Humez: French boxer.
- Richard Body: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Simon Zimny: French soccer player who played in the 1956 European Cup but his team, Stade de Reims, lost to Spain's Real Madrid club.
- Ray Nagel: American football player and coach (d. 2015).
- Andrew Kehoe: American mass murderer (Born 1872).
- Slide Lake in Gros Ventre Wyoming collapses
- Ritz Hotel opens in Boston
- "Slide Lake" in Gros Ventre, Wyoming, USA collapses.
- The Bath School Disaster: forty-five people are killed by bombs planted by a disgruntled school-board member in Michigan.
- Bath School bombings: Criminal bombings result in 45 deaths, mostly school children, in Bath Township, Michigan.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?