Saturday 21 May 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 21, 1927). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bud Grant and David Hedison.
Night Owl, directed by Matthew Patrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 1927
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1927!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1927 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- David Hedison: Actor.
- Bud Grant: Coach.
- George Levy: Antique dealer / heritage campaigner.
- Kay Kendall: Yorkshire, England -- Actress (Genevieve, Les Girls).
- Chuck Stewart: American photographer best known for his cover photos on as many as 2,000 albums featuring his portraits of such jazz performers as Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, John Coltrane, Ella Fitzgerald and Miles Davis, along with artists in the R&B and salsa genres.
- Péter Zwack: Hungarian businessman and diplomat (d 2012).
- Lindburgh lands in Paris, after 1st solo air crossing of Atlantic
- (10:22 PM) American pilot Charles Lindbergh in the Spirit of St. Louis monoplane lands at Le Bourget airfield near Paris, France, after first solo air crossing of Atlantic (33 hours 30 minutes).