Saturday 21 May 1927
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Levy and Kay Kendall.
Wings, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
while Doomsday by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 May 1927 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- George Levy: Antique dealer / heritage campaigner.
- Kay Kendall: Yorkshire, England -- Actress (Genevieve, Les Girls).
- Chuck Stewart: American photographer best known for his cover photos on as many as 2,000 albums featuring his portraits of such jazz performers as Louis Armstrong, Count Basie, John Coltrane, Ella Fitzgerald and Miles Davis, along with artists in the R&B and salsa genres.
- Péter Zwack: Hungarian businessman and diplomat (d 2012).
- Lindburgh lands in Paris, after 1st solo air crossing of Atlantic
- (10:22 PM) American pilot Charles Lindbergh in the Spirit of St. Louis monoplane lands at Le Bourget airfield near Paris, France, after first solo air crossing of Atlantic (33 hours 30 minutes).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?