Saturday 12 May 1928US date format: 5/12/1928, UK date format: 12/5/1928
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 12, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Burt Bacharach and Francesco Cavicchi.
Across to Singapore, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 May 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1928!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1928 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Burt Bacharach: American pianist and composer of popular music.
- Manuel Lujan Jr American politician (Representative-Republican-New Mexico: 1969-).
- Francesco Cavicchi: Italy sport Champion.
- Henry Cosby: American songwriter and producer (d. 2002).
- Jan Krugier: Polish-Swiss art dealer (d. 2008).
- Opium laws enforced