Friday 12 October 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 12, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Aurore Clément and Dusty Rhodes (wrestler).
Vacation from Marriage, directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 October 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 October 1945!
Which were the important events of 12 October 1945 ?
- El Dia de la Raza - Latin America.
- French Republican Calendar - Chanvre (Hemp) Day, twenty-first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.
- Spain - Hispanic Day, National Day
- Malawi - Mother's Day
- Equatorial Guinea - Independence Day (from Spain, 1968)
- Also see October 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Our Lady of the Pillar (Zaragoza, Spain); Saint Wilfrid
- St. Fiace
- Roman festivals - Fortuna Redux, last day of the Ludi Augustales
- St. Domnina
- St. Seraphinus
- St. Amicus
- St. Edistius
- Bl. Camillus Constanzi
- St. Edwin
- St. Wilfrid
- St. Felix and Cyprian
- St. Heribert
- St. Maximilian of Lorch
- Aurore Clément: French actress.
- Dusty Rhodes (wrestler)
- Aurore Clement: French actress.
- Claude Lemesle: French lyricist and author.
- Dusty Rhodes: American professional wrestler.
- Jesse James Payne: Lynched in Madison County Florida.
- World War II: Desmond Doss is the first conscientious objector to receive the U.S. Medal of Honor.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1945 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- That's For Me - Dick Haymes
- Along the Navajo Trail - Gene Krupa & His Orchestra
- I'm Gonna Love That Guy - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Bing Crosby & Les Paul
- It's Been A Long, Long Time - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra
- It's Been a Long, Long Time - Harry James & His Orchestra