Thursday 11 February 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 11, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Serge Lama and Win Griffiths.
Submarine Alert, directed by Frank McDonald, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Barnyard WAAC.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 February 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1943 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Serge Lama: French singer and songwriter whose most famous song is "Je Suis Malade," written with Alice Dona.
- Win Griffiths: British Member of Parliament.
- Iain Cameron: British brigadier.
- Serge : Bordeaux Actor.
- Rob Simmons: Politician.
- Alan Rubin: American trumpet player (The Blues Brothers) (d. 2011).
- Stan Szelest: Stan Szelest American keyboard player (The Band) (d. 1991).
- Joselito : Spanish singer and actor.
- General Eisenhower selected to command the allied armies in Europe
- Transport nr 47 departs with French Jews to Nazi-Germany
- US General Eisenhower is selected to command the Allied armies in Europe.
- World War II: General Dwight Eisenhower is selected to command the allied armies in Europe.