Saturday 13 August 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include MØ and Servando Carrasco.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Roll With It by Steve Winwood.
In UK The Only Way Is Up by Yazz & The Plastic Population was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Temptation of Christ, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Thriving On Chaos by Tom Peters was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Air Warrior II or ATF (Advanced Tactical Fighter).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1988!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1988 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- MØ : Danish singer and songwriter signed to Sony Music Entertainment.
- Servando Carrasco: Soccer Player.
- Ryan Villopoto: Motorcycle Racer.
- Mo : Pop Singer.
- Keith Benson: American basketball player.
- Brandon Workman: American baseball player
- Otto E Passman: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Louisiana, 1947-77), dies at age 88.
- Palace of Auburn Hills in Detroit Opens
- US beats Jamaica 5-1, in second round of 1990 world soccer cup.
- Ronald J Dossenbach sets world record for pedaling across Canada from Vancouver, British Columbia to Halifax, Nova Scotia in 13 days, 15 hours, 4 min.
- Boston Red Sox win American League record 24 straight home games.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Winwood - Roll With It
- Breathe - Hands To Heaven
- Eric Carmen - Make Me Lose Control
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Gloria Estefan - 1-2-3
- Elton John - I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That
- Chicago - I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
- George Michael - Monkey
- Richard Marx - Hold On To The Nights
- Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?