Thursday 13 December 1928US date format: 12/13/1928, UK date format: 13/12/1928
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack Tramiel and W Gordon Smith.
The Spieler, directed by Tay Garnett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1928!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1928 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
Famous Birthdays:13 December
- Clip-on tie designed
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1928 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Frank Crumit - A Gay Caballero
- You're the Cream in My Coffee - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra