Friday 13 December 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Harmon in Brooklyn and Sanjaya Lall.
Flight Command, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Steve Harmon in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Ens Pulver - Mr Roberts).
- Sanjaya Lall: Indian economist and academic (d. 2005).