Monday 13 December 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 13, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marion Turner .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Little Fockers, directed by Paul Weitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Colonel Roosevelt by Edmund Morris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Glory Daze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Black Rock Shooter or Banzai Rabbit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 December 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 2010!
Which were the important events of 13 December 2010 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Marion Turner: American child of noted parents, he is the third child and third son born to singer Josh Turner and his wife Jennifer.
- A Liberian owned cargo vessel with 24 Filipino crew is seized by Somali pirates 550 nautical miles from the coast of India. (Xinhua)
- A 2,400 year old pot of soup is unearthed in China near the ancient capital Xi'an. (''People's Daily'')
- Brunei and Malaysia sign a deal to jointly explore and produce oil and gas off the coast of northern Borneo. (''Malaysia Star'')
- Major British supermarkets and online stores stop taking orders in Scotland in the run up to Christmas, because of a backlog of deliveries caused by the recent adverse weather conditions. (BBC)
- A South Korean deep sea trawler sinks in the Southern Ocean two thousand kilometres south of New Zealand with at least five people dead and seventeen missing. (CNN)
- Heavy rains and flooding in Colombia cause up to $5.2 billion in damages. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Woman's arson kills 9 in gambling grievances in east China's Zhejiang Province. (Kunming via Xinhua)
- New Israeli bill would prevent a terror suspect from meeting a specific lawyer for 6 months instead of 21 days as is the case today. The maximum period of time in which a terror suspect can be denied access to a specific lawyer will be one year. (Arutz Sheva)
- A sword-wielding teenager takes up to half a dozen children and a teacher hostage at a nursery in Besançon, eastern France. He is later arrested. (BBC)
- Kuwait closes the offices of Al Jazeera, following coverage of a crackdown at an opposition rally. (''Straits Times'')
- Mark Weston, the first person to face a second murder trial in the United Kingdom following the discovery of new forensic evidence is convicted of killing a woman in 1995. (BBC)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia Judge Henry E. Hudson rules against Barack Obama's health care reform requirement to purchase health insurance. (BBC)
- An American Catholic nun pleds not guilty to charges of embezzling $850,000 from Iona College. (CBS)
- Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat asks the European Union to recognize “two states (Israel and Palestine) along the 1967 bordersampquot. (Bloomberg)
- Europe reaffirms its readiness to recognise a Palestinian state at an ampquotappropriateampquot time, stopping short of outright recognition despite mounting pressure to break the Middle East impasse. (AFP)
- Minni Minnawi, the only Darfur faction leader to sign the Darfur Peace Agreement with the Sudanese government, declares its failure and leaves his post. (Al Jazeera)
- The Philippine parliament blocks a government effort to provide free condoms to poor people, amid a debate over funding for family planning. (''Straits Times'')
- Protests by garment workers in Bangladesh over low wages spread to other areas of the country. (AFP)
- OpenLeaks, a splinter group rivaling WikiLeaks, launches its website. (CNN)
- Papua New Guinea's Supreme Court unanimously rules the reappointment of Sir Paulias Matane as Governor-General of Papua New Guinea unconstitutional due to the lack of a secret ballot. Matane steps down from his position and Jeffrey Nape becomes acting Governor-General. (Radio Australia)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 13 December 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Union Berlin : 0 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Valencia - Osasuna : 3 - 3
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man United - Arsenal : 1 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Triestina - Torino : 0 - 1
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in December 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Willow - Whip My Hair
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- La Despedida - Daddy Yankee
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
- Love-Hate-Sex-Pain - Godsmack
- The Sex Is Good - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.56
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $92.75
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $78.84
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.06
- 1 CHF = 6.886 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6142 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9604 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.641 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?