Saturday 13 January 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include [Eileen] Joy[ce] Chant [Rutter] and Joy Chant.
A Song to Remember, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
while The Black Rose by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching On Stage, Everybody (1945 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1945 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- [Eileen] Joy[ce] Chant [Rutter]: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (High Kings).
- Joy Chant: British fantasy writer, best known for the three "House of Kendreth" novels: "Red Moon and Black Mountain" (1970), "The Grey Mane of Morning" (1977) and "When Voiha Wakes" (1983).
- Bruce Ida: American public health worker; gay; died of AIDS the morning of 10/01/1995, Los Angeles, CA.
- Thierry Lévy: French criminal lawyer who defended the murderers Claude Buffet, Roger Bontems, Christian Didier, and Roger Knobelspiess.
- Gordon McVie: English oncologist and author.
- Peter Simpson: English footballer
- WWII: A day after beginning the Vistula-Oder Offensive, the Soviets launch the East Prussian Offensive to eliminate German forces in East Prussia.
- WWII: A Soviet patrol arrests Raoul Wallenberg in Hungary.
- WWII: The Soviet Union occupies Warsaw, Poland.
- The Holocaust: The evacuation of Auschwitz concentration camp begins.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt is inaugurated to an unprecedented fourth term as President of the United States. No president before, or since, has ever reached a third term in office.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive - Johnny Mercer & Pied Pipers
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Always
- You Always Hurt the One You Love - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?