Saturday 13 January 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 13, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thierry Lévy and [Eileen] Joy[ce] Chant [Rutter].
A Song to Remember, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 January 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 January 1945!
Which were the important events of 13 January 1945 ?
- In Sweden, Christmas ends on the 20th day, St. Knut's Day. Children celebrate a party throwing out the Christmas tree (julgransplundring).
- Thierry Lévy: French criminal lawyer who defended the murderers Claude Buffet, Roger Bontems, Christian Didier, and Roger Knobelspiess.
- [Eileen] Joy[ce] Chant [Rutter]: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (High Kings).
- Joy Chant: British fantasy writer, best known for the three "House of Kendreth" novels: "Red Moon and Black Mountain" (1970), "The Grey Mane of Morning" (1977) and "When Voiha Wakes" (1983).
- Steve Marriott: Musician.
- Gordon McVie: English oncologist and author.
- Peter Simpson: English footballer.
- Bruce Ida: American public health worker; gay; died of AIDS the morning of 10/01/1995, Los Angeles, CA.
- WWII: A day after beginning the Vistula-Oder Offensive, the Soviets launch the East Prussian Offensive to eliminate German forces in East Prussia.
- WWII: A Soviet patrol arrests Raoul Wallenberg in Hungary.
- WWII: The Soviet Union occupies Warsaw, Poland.
- The Holocaust: The evacuation of Auschwitz concentration camp begins.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt is inaugurated to an unprecedented fourth term as President of the United States. No president before, or since, has ever reached a third term in office.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive - Johnny Mercer & Pied Pipers
- You Always Hurt the One You Love - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra - Always