Wednesday 13 September 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lynne Carver and Roald Dahl.
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 September 1916 ?
- 1999 - Lunar nuclear waste dump explodes, sending the Moon hurtling into deep space in Space: 1999
- RC Saints - St John Chrysostom
- Roman festivals - epulum Iovis: banquet of Jupiter, on the ides during the Ludi Romani
- 2000 - Second Impact in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Also see September 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lynne Carver: American film actress who appeared in 42 films between 1934 and 1953.
- Roald Dahl: British novelist, short story writer, poet, screenwriter, and fighter pilot.
- John Gunn: Scottish mathematician, physicist, educator and writer.
- Mayfair Boy: British jewel thief who, as a lark with two other young men, robbed Cartiers of London in December 1937 of rings valued at 16,824 pounds.
- Mary, a circus elephant, is hanged in the town of Erwin, Tennessee for killing her handler, Walter quotRedquot Eldridge.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 September 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Through These Wonderful Glasses of Mine - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- The Honolulu Blues - Peerless Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?