Sunday 13 August 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Rothblatt and Vincent De Poix.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1916 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Henry Rothblatt: American attorney, famed as the defense attorney for such myriad cases as Xaviera (Happy Hooker) Hollander, four Watergate burglars and several soldiers accused of covering up the My Lai massacre of 1967 in Viet Nam.
- Vincent De Poix: Los Angeles Military man.
- Fritz Steinbach: Composer, dies at 61.