Sunday August 13, 1916
US date format: 8/13/1916, UK date format: 13/8/1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 13, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Henry Rothblatt and Vincent De Poix.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of August 13, 1916?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- See more
- Fritz Steinbach: Composer, dies at 61.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 13, 1916?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Geoffrey O'Hara - They Made it Twice as Nice as Paradise (And They Called it Dixieland)