Saturday 16 September 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yvette Giraud and George F Rodden.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 September 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1916 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Yvette Giraud
- George F Rodden
- MS Subbulakshmi: Indian singer (d. 2004).
- Frank Leslie Walcott: Barbadian labour leader (d. 1999).
- George Rodden: American business executive with Ford Marketing and weekend conductor of youth symphonies for 30 years.
- Lord Ryder of Eaton hastings: CEO (International Publishing House).
- M Subbulakshmi: Indian singer and actress (d. 2004).
- Frank Walcott: Barbadian cricketer umpire and politician (d. 1999).
- Robert Bradshaw: Caribbean politician 1st Prime Minister of Saint Kitts and Nevis (d. 1978).
- Willem Noordhoek: Photographer.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You're a Dangerous Girl - Al Jolson
- There's Someone More Lonesome Than You - James F. Harrison & James Reed