Saturday 2 September 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Penny Santon and Dorothy May.
The Mutiny of the Bounty, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Life and Gabriella by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1916 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Penny Santon: Greenwich Village, New York -- Actress (Roll Out, Matt Houston).
- Dorothy May: Bundy-Cheney winner of more than 141 US tennis titles.
- René Bihel: French soccer player, he died September 8, 1997.
- Rene Bihel: France sport Champion.
- Ömer Akad: Turkish director and screenwriter (d. 2011).
- British pilot William Leefe-Robinson becomes the first to shoot down a German airship over Britain.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Sent My Wife to the Thousand Isles - Al Jolson
- At the End of a Beautiful Day - Elizabeth Wheeler
- Babes in the Wood - Prince's Orchestra
- It's a Hundred to One You're in Love - M.J. O'Connell
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?