Sunday 10 January 2010
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
The Book of Eli, directed by The Hughes Brothers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while True Blue by David Baldacci was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Faux Raccord.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crunchball 3000 or Distant Worlds.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 10 January 2010 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 January
- Three Palestinian Islamic Jihad operatives are killed while firing mortars into Israel from Gaza. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Winter of 2009–2010 in Europe: More than 160 people are trapped in vehicles overnight in Germany, dozens of flights are cancelled, Berlin and Leipzig are buried under 30cm of snow, parts of Schleswig-Holstein remain unreachable. The electricity of 80,000 people is cut off by snow in Poland. Eurostar services are affected in Belgium, Britain and France. (BBC)
- Ivo Josipović wins in the second round of the presidential election, and is elected third President of Croatia. (BBC)
- Sheikh Issa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, brother of the leader of the United Arab Emirates, Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, is acquitted of beating a former business partner in a videotaped attack. (Al-Bawaba)
- China overtakes Germany to become the world's largest exporter. (Al Jazeera)
- Ahead of the Iraqi parliamentary election, 2010, the De-Ba'athification Commission recommends banning the leaders of the Iraqi National Dialogue Front, the Coalition for Iraqi National Unity and 13 other parties for links to Saddam Hussein's banned Ba'ath Party. (''The Washington Post'')
- With the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations due to get underway in Angola, confusion surrounds the participation of Togo following the fatal attack on their team bus. Their Prime Minister Gilbert Houngbo sends a plane to bring them home. (BBC)
- The ''Sunday Mirror''s defence correspondent Rupert Hamer is killed in an explosion in Afghanistan, becoming the first British journalist to be killed there and the first to be killed in a war zone since 2003. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Britain is set to ban a Muslim group, Al-Muhajiroun, also known as Islam4UK, that recently caused outrage by proposing a demonstration in the town that receives the bodies of British war dead killed abroad, the Home Office says. (CNN)
- President of Sinn Féin Gerry Adams receives a death threat. (''The Irish Times'')
- It is revealed that ''AHS Centaur'', an Australian hospital ship dating from World War II, has been viewed for the first time since it was torpedoed by the Japanese in May 1943 killing 268 people. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Some more churches are attacked in Malaysia. (News24)
- 15 people are killed and 15 are injured, five seriously, when a bus and truck collide on a major highway in the Sahara Desert in Ghardaïa Province, Algeria. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 10 January 2010
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Cagliari : 0 - 1
- Fiorentina - Bari : 2 - 1
- Genoa - Catania : 2 - 0
- Juventus - Milan : 0 - 3
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Espanol - Zaragoza : 2 - 1
- La Coruna - Osasuna : 1 - 0
- Malaga - Ath Bilbao : 1 - 1
- Real Madrid - Mallorca : 2 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Girona - Las Palmas : 0 - 2
- Hercules - Cartagena : 2 - 0
- Huesca - Villarreal B : 0 - 1
- Levante - Real Union : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Leicester - Ipswich : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?