Monday 14 February 1944, Valentine's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bruce Summerhays in Saint Louis Missouri USA and Paul Fireman.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1944 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Bruce Summerhays in Saint Louis Missouri USA: PGA golfer (Provo Open-1966, 1991, 1993).
- Paul Fireman: American business executive whose holdings in Reebok stock put him on the Forbes 400 list in 1986 at a net worth of $270 million.
- Jacques-Alain Miller: French psychoanalyst and writer.
- Carl Bernstein: American journalist and author.
- Alan Parker: English director producer and screenwriter.
- Ronnie Peterson: Swedish race car driver (Born 1944)
- Carl Wick publishes Salmon Trolling for Commercial and Sport Fishing
- World War II: Anti-Japanese revolt on Java.
- SHAEF headquarters is established in Britain by General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- No Love, No Nothin' - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?