Friday 11 February 1944
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bert Greene and Buddhadev Dasgupta.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Forever Amber by Kathleen Winsor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1944 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Bert Greene: Golfer.
- Buddhadev Dasgupta: Director (Charachar, Grihajuddha).
- Michael G Oxley American politician (Representative-Republican-Ohio: 1981-).
- Bernie Bickerstaff: American basketball coach, the head coach of the Washington Wizards.
- Christian Didier: French assassin of a political figure, Rene Bousquet.
- Mike Oxley: American lawyer, FBI agent, and U.S. Congressman (Rep OH).
- Joy novelist: short story writer and essayist
- Michael Oxley: American politician (d. 2016)
- Ivan Sollertinski: Friend of Russian Composer D Sjostakovitsj.
- U-424 sunk off Ireland
- German troops re-conquer Aprilia Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When They Ask About You - Jimmy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear From Me - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
- Do Nothin' Till You Hear from Me - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?