Monday 21 February 1944
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Herman de Coninck and Kitty Winn in Washington DC.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while The Green Years by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1944!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1944 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Herman de Coninck: Flemish writer / poet (Impossible Work).
- Kitty Winn in Washington DC: USA; actress (Beacon Hill).
- Ferenc Szisz: Hungarian-born race car driver (Born 1873).
- War As It Happens news show premieres on NBC TV (NYC only)
- The War As It Happens televised news show premieres on NBC (New York City only).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- David Rose & His Orchestra - Holiday For Strings
- Mairzy Doats - Al Trace & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?