Wednesday 16 February 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Ford (writer) and Regine Heitzer.
Passage to Marseille, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
while Strange Fruit by Lillian Smith was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 February 1944!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 16 February 1944 ?
- Saint Juliana
- Saint Lucilla
- Remembrance of Lambertus
- Saint Jeremias
- Saints Daniel, Samuel and Elias
- Kyoto Protocol Day (2005)
- Lithuania - Independence Day (1918)
- Richard Ford (writer)
- Regine Heitzer
- Antonio Mascarenhas Monteiro: 2nd President of Cape Verde.
- Glyn Davies: Welsh farmer and politician.
- Richard Ford: US author (Sportswriter).
- António Monteiro: Cape Verdean politician 2nd President of Cape Verde.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- No Love, No Nothin' - Johnny Long & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?